This is an unofficial blog by a giffgaff user. It represents only the views and opinions of the author and not those of giffgaff or any of its associated companies. All giffgaff images used with permission.

Monday 13 June 2011

Who are GiffGaff?

As I am coming up to my renewal with O2 and i'm pretty happy with my handset I figured I would shop around for a good SIM-only deal. I looked at all the usual suspects as well as some of the more competitive offerings from Three, Tesco Mobile and Asda amongst others. I had pretty much settled on a switch to Three until I stumbled upon GiffGaff's site, I had never heard of them but they had a swish site and they seemed to offer a fantastic deal so being naturally cynical I dug a little deeper. Giffgaff are part of O2 and reportedly came about as a result of O2's Head of Brand Strategy Gav Thompson studying Web 2.0 technologies (Thanks WikiPedia!!)

GiffGaff Advert



Goody Bags
The basic pay-and-go offering is a great deal with 8p per min calls and 4p texts which compares favourable with other providers but add a 'goodybag' and things start to get a whole lot better. Once you have topped up you have the option to purchase a goodybag which is essentially a package deal. You can view the current deals to the right of this page.

It does seem a bit of a pain to have to top up and then choose a goodybag but you do get the option to queue up 2 at a time which is handy. Having come from being on pay-monthly for a while this seems a bit laborious as first but definitely worth it for such a superb deal. 




No comments:

Post a Comment